Wednesday, July 11, 2012

The Top 12 Products That Are ALWAYS In My Bathroom

These are 12 of my all time FAVORITE products.  Products I can't live without and have continuously replaced every time I use them up.  These are my fail-safes, never let me down supplies that are always in my bathroom. 

1






1.  Montagne Jeunesse - A "cheap and cheerful" drugstore find, I stock up on these for $1.87 each at Wal Mart.  I use these twice a week to keep my pores clean.  They don't "burn" like some masques do, all very soothing for my sensitive skin.  The cloth ones are super easy if you don't feel like dealing with taking off the mud.  

2.  Bare Essentuals Deep Cleansing Foam - I switched from Clinique's Acne Solutions Foaming Cleanser to this, and it's been more effective in the relentless acne battle.  You only need a little, one tube lasts me about 10 months.  It lathers nicely and doesn't dry out my skin. 



3.  Sephora Collection Snag-Free Hair Elastics - The name pretty much sums it up.  They are the perfect color for brunettes, they make a simple pony look just a little more polished.  And they don't slip.

4.  Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream - Truly mulit-use, I use it at night on dry patches and eczema (face and body) and as a highlighter in the daytime.  Dab a little (key word) on your eyelids, brow cheek bones for a fresh, dewy glow.  Yes, it is "greasy" (for lack of a better word) and does smell medicinal (which I happen to love; brings back memories of my mum using this when I was little).  It's never caused me to break out or caused any irritation.  If you have dry skin and/or live in a dry climate this is a lifesaver.

5.  Secret Scent Expressions Cocoa Butter Kiss Antiperspirant/Deodorant - I've been using this for 8 years now and still get compliments on how good I smell (I rarely wear perfume).  This little stick of magic keeps me dry and smelling like an exotic goddess through sweaty yoga classes, long hot runs and full on panic attacks.  What more can a gal ask for?

6.  Glysomed hand cream - If you have super sensitive, dry skin give this hand cream a shot.  It's the only one I use that doesn't irritate.  I slather up every night before bed with this stuff.

7.  Tweezerman slant tweezers - This same pair has been taming my brows going on 14 years.  That is all.

8.  Clarisonic Mia - or as my boyfriend calls it, my "face vibrator" and believe me when I say the results are nothing short of orgasmic.  Nothing has made a bigger difference in improving my skin.  Complexion is transformed back to it's prepubescent innocence, pores get smaller and it becomes so soft and smooth.  Moisturizers work better, as does makeup when it glides over your truly clean canvas.

It is a financial commitment to become a Clarisonic user, about $200 for the device and $20-$30 every three months for replacement brush heads.  It's worth every cent.  You get what you pay for and you get A LOT.

You will also be joining an (imaginary) elite skin care sorority.  When the girl at Sephora asks about your skin care routine and you nonchalantly reply "I use the Clarisonic" you are treated with a new level of respect.  You're in the Big Girl's skin care club now.  You will then both gush over it's amazing benefits both knowing you've risen above the slums of mere peasant skin care.  Do yourself a favor and go join the club.  

9.  Goody Spin Pin - This does the work of about 5 bobby pins.  If you love a top knot or bun of any sort check this out.  I also use it when I want my hair up when sleeping (eg. post facial, prolonging a blowout).

10.  Kate Somerville Eradikate - The ONLY acne spot treatment that does what it says.  I can't say enough about this, just go buy it, it's only $22 USD for chrissakes.

11.  Burt's Bees Lip Balm - I can actually wear lipstick because of this product.  Best lip balm EVER.  And it's less than $5.

12.  Essie nail polish in Sugar Daddy - My go-to everyday polish.  It's a soft, sheer pink and you can't tell when it starts to chip.  This is the hardest working nail polish I've ever used.  I always finish it with a coat of Essie's "to dry for". 




    








No comments:

Post a Comment