Thursday, June 21, 2012

NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer Review

I have never found a tinted moisturizer I actually like.  I don't like this one either, I f'ing love it.  My (problematic) skin was going through one of it's dry spells a few weeks ago so I thought I'd give TMs one more try.  After my daily creeping session on sephora.com turned up promising reviews I headed down to the mall.  This is my first NARS product and I guarantee it will not be my last.  The Sephora girl matched me up with "Alaska", the second lightest shade (I'm NC25 in MAC Studio Sculpt).  "Alaska" is a really nice neutral golden undertone, very similar to NC25
but less yellow.  If you have very fair skin there might not be that much selection for you, but give it a shot anyways. 

It's a little pricey, my total including tax was $51.45 CDN.  However!  The lovely Sephora girl hooked me up with a generous sample of NARS Illuminator in Laguna; she suggested mixing a dab in with the TM as my skin tans over the summer.  She's right, adds a really nice bronzed glow.  I find I don't actually use that much product, maybe a pea size amount for my whole face, I anticipate the  1.9 oz tube lasting 3-4 months with daily use. 

I tried applying it with my fingers and a makeup sponge, didn't really like either.  I use a flat foundation brush, I find it provides the right amount of control and I use less product.  It applies easily over primer (I use MAC Prep + Prime) but looks just as good without.  It has great staying power as well, it still looks great when set with powder but I prefer it just on its own.  I would say the coverage is more than sheer, less than medium.  It's also build-able and blends well with concealer.  Did I mention its SPF 30?  Can this get any better?   

The finish is a natural, healthy glow.  I've been using it everyday since I picked this up two weeks ago.  My boyfriend and I were out with friends one night, when he came home he said out of no where I have the youngest looking skin out of all our friends.  He had no idea I was trying out a new foundation (no kidding, I know).  Also, my skin is not naturally great, I have acne, dry spots and sensitivity among other problems.  That compliment really sealed the deal for me on this product.

The final verdict:  love love love this product.  It's worth the price.  The colour and finish are beautiful, my skin feels great with it on.  I'll be using this all summer and on every vacation I take in the winter.  Hell, maybe every day at home during the winter too.  

  Pros: 
  • natural looking (no glitter)
  • buildable coverage
  • SPF 30
  • lasts all day (even without primer or powder, yikes!)
  • calming for sensitive skin 

Cons:
  • pricey
  • not a lot of selection if you have very fair skin


No comments:

Post a Comment